Robin Kall has always been an avid reader.
Whether it was getting copies of Judy Blume novels from Mrs. DeWeese as a child growing up on Long Island, or devouring the likes of Tom Perrotta and Courtney Sullivan as an adult, Robin is never without a book, just ask her kids. Mom always said, “Never leave home without a book!” Here are some fun facts that you may not know about Robin:
- she wears sandals without socks in the winter
- can recite nearly every line of Legally Blonde from start to finish
- could eavesdrop in Siberia
- is affectionately referred to as “Doctor” by her kids
- despises mushrooms having never actually knowingly eaten one
- made the cutting room floor of Sex and The City, the movie
- coined the term "mr. cutie pants" for the likes of Adam Levine, Zac Efron, and Jason Schwartzman
- has been known to like shows that last one season
Famously known as a “book pusher,” “fairy book mother,” and “all around nice person” in 2002, Robin founded the highly regarded talk radio show "Reading With Robin," which is now available on podcast [see Reading With Robin tab for more information].
Blending her platform with passion, and a little bit of caffeine Robin became one of Rhode Island’s most prominent and outspoken personalities in the fight against breast cancer. After the passing of her mother, Carol, in 1997 it became Robin’s mission to both educate women on the importance of early detection and advocate for them as well. In 2009 Robin and her sisters, Laura and Jennifer, established the Love Carol Foundation to honor their mother’s memory and invest in types of projects that were important to her.
In 2016, with the assistance of her cohort and daughter Emily, Robin added to her literary tale as they launch the now 2x award-winning Point Street Reading Series, which brings together people looking for a good story and fun night.